Last Updated on :
Small travel campers are all the rage these days because of their many benefits.
These trailers are driveway friendly so, you don’t have to spend extra money on storage, and they are also one of the most budget-friendly types of campers on the market.
You can find prices from $8000 to $46,000, an amount similar to that of a big SUV or pickup truck.
When I bought my first ever travel trailer it was just under 20 feet in length and i cant stress much as to how easy it was to maneuver compared to my later update that was more than 30 feet longer. I do miss that smaller length and that’s the same reason i am going to trade my current camper with a shorter yet amenities rich one.
Modern campers are superbly designed and therefore do not go by their length. Smart utilization of space, slide outs, convertible dinette/bed makes it possible to have much more than you can think.
Here is my list of 13 best campers under 20 feet that you should check out.
1. Forest River R-pod R-171
Choose Forest River R-Pod if you want unlimited camping possibilities. It is ultra-lightweight, compact, and has one of the lowest weight and price tags in its class. Don’t let the size fool you because R-Pod offers plenty of room while traveling or traveling. It is very durable and easy to tow. Its average price is around $26,000 for basic features.
- Its Hitch weight is 340 lbs.
- Unloaded vehicle weight (UVW) is 2714 lbs.
- Cargo carrying capacity (CCC) is 1126 lbs.
- Its exterior length is 19’ 0”.
- The exterior height is 9.7 feet.
- The exterior width is 96 inches.
- It has 30 gallons fresh-water capacity, 30 gallons Greywater, and 30 gallons Blackwater.
- It has 12 months basic warranty, 12 months structure warranty, and 12 years food warranty.
- Three adults can sleep in it.
This camper has many eye-popping features that make it one of the most popular small trailers on the market. Has a slide-out that enhances the space.
Some of its components can differ depending on the region it is made in, but generally, its notable features and amenities are:
- It has a powder-coated steel frame that offers strength and rigidity.
- It comes with a one-piece seamless fiberglass roof, aluminum rims, and a universal smart vacuum System.
- Some of its exterior features include LED exterior lights, TV and stereo antenna, black tank flush, and 120V outer receptacle.
- 20,000 BTU furnaces to keep you warm during the winter periods.
- Detachable power cord and multiple USB charging ports for charging your electrical gadgets.
- It also comes with a refrigerator, a two-burner cooktop with a glass cover, kitchen countertops, and a dinette table for your food needs.
- It also has a smoke detector, LP detector, deadbeat lock, smoke detector, fire extinguisher, and breakaway switch to keep you safe.
This camper also comes with options for any extra feature you may want. Some of them are:
- A 13.5K, or 15K BTU air conditioner
- Solar Package (1000 Watt Inverter and 110W Panel)
- Convection Microwave Oven
- Bike carrier (2 bikes)
- Power tongue jack
- Outdoor kitchen
- Bluetooth radio
2. Airstream Basecamp
The 2020 16X Airstream Basecamp is the most compact trailer in the Airstream catalog. Its size makes it manageable and affordable for customers looking for a small camper. Its average price is around $38,000 (USD).
- It sleeps 2.
- Its length is 16 ft 3 inches.
- External Width is 7 ft.
- The exterior height is 8 ft 9.
- Internal Height is 6 ft 4.
- Hitch Weight is 435 lbs.
- Gross Weight is 3500 lbs.
- Dry Weight is 2635 lbs.
- Cargo Weight is 865 lbs.
- It has 22 gallons of fresh Water Capacity and a 2LP tank capacity.
- BTU14300 furnace.
- It has a two Way Refrigerator, cooktop burners, and water heater.
- It has a Complete Bed Conversion, which lets you configure the sleeping arrangements into one 76″ x 76″ complete bed or two smaller half beds.
- It comes with a Wet Bath, which many campers prefer.
- Dual Entry.
- Wet Bath.
- It also has a Pop-Up Charging Station for your electrical devices.
It offers additional options:
- X-Package, which gives you Goodyear Wrangler tires, 3″ lift kit, black shadow wheels, and raised hitch jack foot pad for better road clearance. This package also comes with a front kitchen, a two-burner cooktop, two pedestal tables, and a retractable clothesline where you can hang your wet towel.
- 180w Rooftop Solar Package.
- 9,200 BTU AC with Heat Strip.
3. Taxa Outdoor Cricket
This trailer is for people that like modern designs. It is sleek and made for off-road adventures. It is easy to tow, and you can maneuver it into tight spaces. It has four swing windows and a pop-up roof with five mesh windows that helps in ventilation. It costs around $34,000.
- It sleeps 4.
- Its length is 15 ft.
- Ext Width is 6 ft 7.
- Ext Height is 6 ft 11.
- Interior Height is 6 ft 10.
- Hitch Weight is 240 lbs.
- Gross Weight is 2500 lbs.
- Dry Weight is1732 lbs.
- Cargo Weight is 910 lbs.
- 15-gallon freshwater capacity and 16 gallons grey water capacity.
- 2500 lbs. Axle Weight.
- 20 LP Tank Capacity.
Some of its features and amenities include:
- It has a kitchen with a large counter and a covered sink for prepping, cooking, and storing.
- It comes with a powder-coated steel chassis, 15″ all-terrain tires, and torsion axle suspension with electric brakes that provide a solid base for your trips.
- It also has convenient interior features, like the under-bed storage, an RV queen bed, and LED lighting.
- It also has 12V Accessory Outlets Inside & Out, 12V Digital Voltmeter, and 12V USB Outlets.
Optional features include:
- Portable Toilet.
- Soft Good Package (Shower Tent, Awning, Screen Door).
- Portable Fridge/Freezer.
4. Escape Travel Trailer
This brand of trailers has different options, but I am going to focus on Escape19. This model is lightweight with ample room for storage. It has a100% molded fiberglass body and can sleep five people comfortably. It has a base price of $26,995.
ESCAPE 19 SPECIFICATIONS
- Its length is19’ 6” with an extra 6″ for the spare tire.
- Its exterior height is 9’ (Top of the air conditioner)
- The exterior width is 7′.
- Interior height is 6’ 3.
- Interior length is 15’ 8”.
- 28-gallon fresh-water capacity, 19-gallon blackwater cap., and 28-gallon greywater cap.
- 2 x 20 lbs propane gas capacity.
- Hitch weight is 306 lbs.
- The axle weight is 2944 lbs.
- The total dry weight is 3250 lbs.
- A large bed in the back and a double bed/dinette in the front.
- It has a box steel frame construction and a rubber ride twisting pin suspension for a smooth ride.
- It comes with a full two-year warranty.
- It comes with a 55 Amp Converter/Battery Charger, 120V Interior Outlets,120V Exterior Outlet, and LED Interior & Exterior Lighting.
- It also comes with12,000 BTU Furnace and 2 roof vents.
- It also has a screen door, 4″ high-density cushions, 8″ plush mattress, fiberglass enclosed bathroom w/shower, a 3-way fridge, steel cooktop with glass cover, and a recessed mirrored medicine cabinet.
- It has rear-upper-brake or signal-lights, a fire extinguisher, an over-sized emergency window for quick of exit, and a smoke and propane detector for safety.
- 12’ Power Awning.
- Storage box.
- Exterior shower package.
- It offers a body lift kit and hitch wheel.
- Oven with 3 Burner Cooktop
- Microwave built into a cabinet or installed under the stove.
- It also offers a foot flush toilet or a composting toilet.
- AC upgrade.
- Retractable wall hooks.
- Custom flooring.
5. Sonic Lite Ultra-lite Travel Trailer
This brand of trailers is single axle travel, built with solid construction offering ample storage, and have the exclusive LevelMate Pro. I am going to focus on the Sonic Lite SL150VRB.
- It sleeps 2.
- Its Unloaded Vehicle Weight is 3,110
- The dry hitch weight is 470 lbs.
- The dry axle weight is 2,640 lbs.
- CCC is 625 lbs.
- Interior height is 6.83 ft.
- Exterior height is 9′ 11″
- The exterior width is 7.5 ft.
- The exterior length is 19′ 11″.
- The refrigerator is 8 cubic feet.
- It has a 38-gallon freshwater cap., 30 greywater caps., and 30 black water caps.
- 20 lbs propane gas capacity.
- 14″ tire size.
- 11 ft awning.
- Panoramic automotive front window.
- Rear Bath.
- Murphy RV Queen Bed.
- Removable Table.
- Flip-Up Solid Steps.
- It has a double-door refrigerator.
- WIFI prep.
- Modern Euro-style dinette.
- Entry door with clear-view window.
- HDMI/DVD stereo with 5.1 USB charger.
- It has a deep round stainless steel sink w/cover.
- Venture LevelMate PRO for high performance.
- Lighted power tongue jack, Go Power mounted solar prep and motion light in bathroom.
- Heirloom comforter and Serta Memory Foam mattress to make sleeping a pleasure.
- Its interior and exterior luxury package has a Convection microwave, 2-Burner Cooktop, Porcelain foot-flush toilet.
- LevelMate PRO leveling system.
- Spare tire/cover.
- Lighted power tongue jack.
- A-frame bike rack.
- Off-road tires
6. Winnebago Micro Minnie
This brand of trailers is compact and full of features you are bound to love. They have windows that aid in cross ventilation and help provide a refreshing night’s sleep. I will focus on the 1706FB model. It costs around $22,172.
- It sleeps three.
- The exterior length is 19.17 ft.
- Exterior width is 7′ 0″.
- Exterior height is 10′ 5″.
- Interior height is 6′ 4″.
- Dry weight is 2980 lbs.
- Hitch weight is 300 lbs.
- It has a 31-freshwater holding capacity, 25-gallon greywater cap., and 25 black water holding capacity.
- It has 2 Propane tank with a 9.4-gallon holding capacity.
- Cable TV hook-up.
- It has a carbon monoxide detector, LP gas detector, Smoke alarm, lockable storage door, diamond plate rock guard, and patio light for safety.
- AV system w/AM/FM/CD/DVD/USB/Bluetooth.
- Nightshades, LED lighting and LED TV.
- Outside shower.
- Single door gas/electric fridge, microwave, three burner range with oven, and stainless steel sink for your cooking convenience.
- Bedspread and bedroom roof vent.
- 18,000 BTU furnace and 13.5 roof air, to keep you warm.
- Bumper sewer hose carrier and black tank flush.
- 15.0 roof air upgrade.
- 15K BTU A/C
7. I-Camp E-Lite
This trailer is easy to tow because of its lightweight nature. You don’t have to worry about obtaining a specific license to drive it. It can cost between Weight: 2850 pound $8,000 – $26,000.
SPECIFICS OF I-CAMP E-LITE
- Outer Dimensions (L×W ×H) is 14’×6’8″×8’1
- Dimensions of the inside( L×W×H) is 10’7 ×6’3 ×5’11
- The inner area is 70 sq. ft.
- Tare Mass is 2,366 lbs.
- Max Mass is 2,890 lbs.
- Hitch weight (Standard Eq.) is 236 lbs.
- It can contain three people.
- 22-gallon fresh-water capacity, 14 gals gray water cap., and 6-gallon black water cap.
ICAMP ELITE STANDARD FEATURES/AMENITIES
- It has a powder-coated steel frame and rubber torsion axle for high performance.
- Entry door with screen.
- Glass slider windows with the screen.
- It comes with a bed and a table that can be adjusted
- Over-head dressers
- Counter with unique stainless-steel and beautiful lp burners.
- Modular-fiber-glass bath-room and marine toilet
- It has an LP-gas detector, smoke- detector, and porch light for safety.
- Three (3) Way Refrigerator (One – Nine (1.9) CF)
- Converter (110-V-A-C-12-V-D-C, 60:Amps) and interior 1-1-0-v A-C outlets for power.
- LP furnace.
- Flat-screen TV.
- DVD Video/Audio System.
- Apple iPod connection.
- Spare tire.
8. Scamp Trailer
This camper is compact and affordable and ideal for small families. I will focus on the 2015 scamp 13ft Trailer. It is an older model, but don’t let its age fool you. It has many features that make it one of the best campers under 20 feet. You can find it for around $11,500.
- Its Gross Vehicle Weight is 1,500 lbs.
- Dry Hitch Weight is 100 lbs.
- Exterior Length is 13′
- Exterior Width is 6′ 8″.
- Exterior Height is 7′ 6″.
- Interior Height is 6′ 3″.
- Interior Width is 6′ 6″.
- Interior Length is 10′
- 12-gallon freshwater capacity.
- It sleeps one to four.
- A table that you can convert to a bed.
- Front shower & toilet.
- 1.9 cubic ft refrigerator
- It has a sofa that converts to bunk beds.
- Clothes closet.
- Four-inch cushions.
- It comes with wood panel interior cabinet doors
- , a two-burner propane stove, fiberglass cabinets, and a sink.
- It also has safety features such as safety chains.
- Toilet only.
- Three-speed roof fan.
- Side cabinets.
- Cable television hook-up.
- Stove cover.
- 12-volt power range hood.
- Roof mount air conditioner.
- 16,000 BTU Furnace, and more.
9. Happier Camper HC1 Travel Trailer
This brand of campers comes with a fiberglass outer shell and a reconfigurable inner layout using the Adaptiv™ system. Adaptiv™ system is a series of customizable cubes that fit into notches in the trailer’s floor. Each component that makes up this module, such as tables, sinks, coolers, chairs, toilets, refrigerators, and more, snap into the trailer’s floor like a Lego set. This system helps you customize the features you want without any issues. The starting price is $29,950.
- Dry weight is 1100 lbs.
- Tongue weight is 110-150 lbs.
- Shell length is 10’.
- Exterior height is 7’4”.
- Overall length is 13’.
- The Interior width is 6’6″.
- Interior height is 6’1”
- Gross Vehicle Weight Rating is 3500 lbs.
- It seeps up to five.
- Adaptive modular interior.
- A large rear hatch door.
- Off-the-grid and solar-ready.
10. Hiker Travel Trailer
This brand has four different models. They are highway basic, highway deluxe, midway deluxe, and extreme off-road deluxe, and their sizes range from 4′ x 8′ to 5′ x 10′. Without additional features, hiker trailers cost anywhere from $2,895 to $9,995. I will focus on the highway deluxe 5 x 8.
- 94”L x 58”W x 44”H interior dimensions.
- 72 lbs dry tongue weight.
- 800 lbs dry trailer weight.
- The price is $5,595.00.
HIKER TRAILER HIGHWAY DELUXE 5′ X 8′ STANDARD FEATURES
- It comes with two operable side windows with screens.
- Manual hand-crank roof vent.
- It has one 110V shore power plug and LED D.O.T. trailer frame lights.
- It has a 2″ ball hitch, safety chains, and wiring harness.
- One queen bed. Two cubby holes on the top shelf.
- It also has a USB plug-in front cabin and one fuse panel in the galley.
- Vinyl flooring.
11. nuCamp TAB 400
nuCamp TAB 400 has innovative components and modern European styling. This is essentially a teardrop camper trailer.
- Length is 18.25 ft.
- The width is 90 inches.
- Interior Height is 79 inches.
- Dry Weight is 2864 lbs
- 22-gallon freshwater cap,18 greywater cap, and 12 black water tank capacity.
- 20 lbs propane tank capacity.
- Central Air Conditioning.
- It has a two-burner stove and a 2-way fridge.
- Froli™ Sleep System.
- 2-Way fridge.
- It comes with a sink, shower, and toilet.
- Two 6-Volt Batteries.
You can choose a Convenience Package with LED lights, spare tire, alloy wheels, multi-purpose rack, 1200 watt inverter, and more.
12. Safari Condo Alto Travel Trailer
Safari Condo Alto has a lightweight and weld-free aluminum frame. It also has fiberglass and composite materials that make for recyclable materials and a low drag coefficient. It costs around $38,000.
- Exterior Length is 17′ 4″
- Exterior Width is 7′.
- Exterior Height is 6′ 11″ with the roof retracted, and 8′ 5″ with the ceiling extended.
- Freshwater Capacity: 15.8 gals fresh water and grey water capacity, and 5-gallon LP-gas cap.
- UVW is 1,867 lbs.
- Hitch Weight is 210 lbs.
- Electric brakes.
- It has a galvanized steel axle with Flexiride independent suspension.
- A King size bed that can cover two single beds.
- It has a 36″ X 81″ front single bed.
- Two-burner LPG flush mount stove.
- It also has propane, CO, and smoke detectors.
- It comes with a front table and a cabinet with sliding shelves.
- 30 A 120 V electrical inlet, converter with 3 step charger 45 A, and LED lighting.
- Fixed flush toilet, exterior shower outlet, and toilet wash down spray.
- It also has a fire extinguisher, a 2-Year Warranty, and more.
13. Aliner Classic Travel Trailer
This camper is hard-sided and easy to tow. It has different models that come in either a 10-foot cabin on a 13-foot frame, a 12-foot cabin on a 15-foot frame, or15 a foot cabin on an 18-foot frame. I will focus on the Aliner Classic A-Frames. It can cost around $31,542.
- It sleeps three.
- Length is15 ft.
- Ext Width is 6 ft 6.
- Ext Height is 4 ft 9.
- Hitch Weight is 160 lbs.
- Gross Weight is 2500 lbs.
- Dry Weight is1590 lbs.
- 11 gallons freshwater capacity.
- 13″ tire size.
- 2500 lbs Axle Weight.
- Torsion Axle, 10″ Electric Brakes, and Vacuum Bonded Fiberglass Panels, for high performance.
- 2 Skylights with Night Shades.
- Spare tire and carrier.
- 4” High-Density Foam Cushions.
- Outside shower.
- 4 Stabilizer Jacks.
- 2 Standard Baggage Doors.
- 3.0 Cubic Foot Refrigerator, 2 Burner in/out stove, sink, and a microwave.
- LED interior lights, porch light, and brake lights.3 Electrical Outlets and a solar port.
- Outdoor grill.
- Lift bar.
- 6000 BTU air conditioner.
- Front storage box.
- Water heater.
From the above, small campers have many features packed in a compact and portable footprint. They are ideal for couples, small families, or anybody that enjoys the outdoors but wants to do so in comfort. These trailers are affordable and will make you spend more time camping. Any of the 13 listed campers above will give you a camping experience you won’t forget anytime soon.