Last Updated on :
Are you interested in travelling by road with all the benefits and prospects of a road trip but with almost a home like comfort? Then a RV or motorhome is what you should be looking at.
RVs are a great way to travel. It is also a sure way to get the best out of that trip you are planning. Travelling in RVs is like travelling in your home. This is because they are facilitated with features and appliances that can otherwise only be found in a home. Well, it is a home on a wheel for the duration of your trip.
After camping, traveling in rented RVs and motorhomes so much all i can say is, its definately worth it to rent a RV if you dont own one yet. By renting a RV you dont have to bear the cons of owning a RV. Also, you dont have to invest thousands of dollars to make a purchase.
Why renting an RV is a great option
If you have not travelled in an RV before, it would be hard to get this. But, let me tell you, is the best experiecne you can have while traveling or camping. So what if you dont own a RV, you can always rent that class c motorhome or a smaller travel trailer. So, whats there in renting a RV rather than using any other mode stay or camping. What is that mkaes using RV perfect way of traveling or camping, lets figure out.
1. Can use RV to sleep and rest like home. Imagine being on a road trip and you get tired, you really would want to lay on a bed and rest, and you have a few hours to your motel. Well, it wouldn’t if only you had rented an RV, all would have done is get to the back, where the bed is and crash.
2. Travel like a pro. Another reason you should rent an RV is that you can travel far and wild without worrying about the time it would take you to go back to your hotel room. Also, if you are on a camping trip, you don’t have to go through the stress of setting up tents. You park and enjoy the experience. What’s even better is, you get the luxury of a kitchen, bed and a living room while camping. Cool, isn’t it?
3. No need to depend on hotel booking. Do you know what’s even better? You don’t have to rent vehicles or book hotel rooms. Even cooler is the fact that you don’t have to use toilets at a gas station, or leave your pet behind.
4. Freedom from travel hassels. If you are going to different places, you don’t have to pack and unpack while jumping from one hotel room to the other.
Rent an RV or hotel stay what’s cheaper
While travelling, both staying at a hotel and renting RVs have their benefits. Deciding which is cheaper is a little bit tricky. The reason is that you have to key in a few factors. These factors include,
Duration of travel also affects the cost of travel.
Number of people going on the trip
The type of RV you are renting. They come in different sizes and rates.
After considering these factors, it is generally found that renting an RV is more cost-effective, especially when going on long trips in a large group. This could be because, when travelling in a group, a single room would not suffice. You would have to book at least for two or three rooms.
Additionally, food is another expense to consider. Renting an RV allows you to decide what you eat. Let’s not forget that food and hotel rooms are expensive during vacation season.
However, when renting an RV, be sure to know the type and number of people it would accommodate.
Also, ensure you do an onsite inspection to see for yourself. While some RVs can accommodate five travelers, it does not always mean they would be comfortable enough.
Is renting better than owning an RV?
Tired of renting an RV for every trip and thinking, why not just buy one? Well, this might be a good idea. However, before you make a move, there are a few things worth considering.
• Are you a regular traveler, or do you travel only once in a while? While owning an RV might be cool, it is difficult to store. Nobody would let you park it on the streets or yards. Even if they do, the tires deflate easily when kept for a long time under the sun. So consider the amount you would pay for storage space.
• RVs are hard and expensive to maintain. There are few mechanics out there that can manage your RV. You also have to hook and unhook at campsites. Additionally, you are not always guaranteed a parking space.
• Buying an RV is a difficult task. You really have to be good with inspection when buying a used one. Even new ones can come with a defect.
Generally, renting RVs is more efficient and easy. This way, you do not have to worry about where to keep them. You also get to rent based on current need. So, if you are travelling in a large group, you get the one that suits you likewise when travelling with a family of three or four; you can get a smaller one.
The average cost of renting an RV
The cost of renting RVs varies from state to state. It also is dependent on the class and the rental company. The age of the vehicle and the time of the year also affects the price of the RV. Nevertheless, renting an RV can go from being affordable to lavishly expensive. Here is a rough estimate according to some online sites.
A Class A motorhome on an average can cost you around $250 to $450 per day. Where as its weekly cost can be above $3000
Class B on average costs around $200 per day and more than $1000 per wekk. Class on the other hand are little more costly. They cost you $300 per day for renting and between $1500 to $2500 per week. Travel trailers and fifth wheel too can be rented, thier renting prices are simialr to class B RV’s. The price for per month and year are most times negotiated on rental.
Questions to ask when renting an RV
Before renting an RV, there are some questions you should ask to get a better knowledge of what you are going into. Here are some of the basic questions you should consider;
- What type of RV are you renting?
- What type of trip are you planning?
- Do you need an exclusive license to drive the RV?
- How many people accommodate at a time? Most importantly, how many people can it sleep COMFORTABLY?
- Does insurance cover it?
- Are there additional fees?
- What is the cost of renting it?
When you get answers to these questions, you would be more prepared for your trip.
Where can you rent an RV?
Finding where to rent RVs is not difficult because there are many places you can do that from. Numerous agencies solely deal with RV rentals in different towns. Just walk in and sign up; though, you might have to drop a deposit fee before you rent.
Because RVs are becoming more popular, there are also Peer-to-Peer networks that allow you to rent an RV directly from the owner. This way, you get a more comprehensive range of vehicles to choose from. You can rent RV’s from online sites like RVShare, outdoorsy, cruisemaerica and many others.
It also is more affordable than hiring from agencies. These networks are easy to use. They are just like Airbnb but for RVs. Just search for the vehicle based on type, location and features. You can also arrange for pickup with the owner or address any concern you have with the owner.
Renting out your RV – is it profitable?
If you only use your RV less often and it’s just sitting in storage, accruing cost. Or your RV has been in the driveway just accumulating dust. You should consider renting it out.
This way, it not only takes off the cost of storage, but it also brings in money; win-win if you ask me. So what i am saying in essence is; yes, it is profitable. However, there are some things you need to know before you start renting off your RV. These are;
• Cleaning up. Most people have complained that renters return their RVs dirty and in a sorry state. So most people charge for a cleaning fee which you can use to pay someone to clean the RV for you.
• What happens when an accident occurs? Well, most peer-to-peer networks have insurance once you sign up with them.
• You can decide the rental fee for your vehicle.
Now, go sign up on that platform and start making your money. Just be sure it is a trusted and reliable one.At the end of the day, if you ask me if renting out your RV is worth it? I will answer in the affirmative.
What better way to enjoy that family vacation or have a better bonding time with friends than travelling together and spending every second together? Think of all the fun you can have with an RV. If you own an RV already, think of all the money you can make while renting out.